The Director of Sourcing (Americas) is primarily responsible for continually refining and improving the Sourcing function of our industrial/manufacturing businesses. Your leadership will result in a more integrated, efficient and strategically well-positioned business functioning at an optimal level.
Managing a budget of approximately $400 Million, this key person will design and execute our Americas sourcing strategy, creating a template for our global offices, while building a high-performing team and driving the long-term success of the company.
- Develop a strategic plan that based on continuous improvement
- Rationalize global supply base and improve global sourcing processes and supplier leverage via global soucing teams
- Build and strategically lead America's specialized sourcing groups in specific commodity/spend areas
- Create and implement KPIs across business units and suppliers
- Perform due diligence on global sourcing partners
- Negotiate long-term contracts with strategic vendors
- Engage manufacturing, engineering, and product teams to identify opportunities and implement procedures for reducing waste and material costs
- Leverage compnay resources to standardize plans to improve supplier quality and implement lean methodologies in VA/VE programs
- Leverage knowledge of ERP systems to ensure accurate, timely information and extract strategic insights
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Business, Advanced degree and certifications preferred
- 5+ years leading successful commodity teams
- Success managing total direct/indirect budgets of at least $300MM
- Work history in a large organization managing large amounts of SKU's, channels, and products
- Experience managing global direct reports
- Hands-on experience managing asian suppliers (China)
- Experience implementing KPIs across a global organization
- Leadership skills – developed ability to mentor and develop strong internal relationships while driving standardization and leading change
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodology and VA/VE strategy along with effective history in deploying these internally and with supplier base.
- Exposure to Sales and Operational Planning processes
We offer very attractive pay and benefits compared to our peers. Our packages include generous base salaries and aggressive bonuses based on individual and company performance. Medical, Dental, Life, and disability insurance plans are comprehensive and affordable, and we offer the flexibility and time-off you need to enjoy a rewarding life both inside and outside of work. Most of all, our culture is one where people feel welcome, recognized, rewarded and empowered. Our people work together to make the company and their daily lives better each day, and that's the kind of person we hire.
If you feel you are well qualified and would like to learn more, please apply directly online for fastest response.